Chef Linette True
Serves 4, 3/4 cup per serving
2 medium Granny Smith apples
2 Tablespoons dried fruit, such as raisins, dried cranberries, or dried currants
3 Tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
1 Tablespoon whole, shelled walnuts
1 Tablespoon honey
1. Rinse and remove cores from apples. Do not peel. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in medium bowl.
2. Add dried fruit and yogurt to bowl. Mix well.
3. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast nuts until golden brown and fragrant. Watch closely so they do not burn. Remove from pan and let cool.
5. Chop cooled nuts with a knife. Or, put in a plastic bag and crush with a can.
6. Add crushed nuts to bowl. If using, add honey. Toss and serve.
Use any kind of apple in this recipe.
Use any kind of nuts in place of walnuts. Or, omit nuts if someone has an allergy.